Head of School
Welcome to Heritage Christian Academy. Heritage is located in Lexington, South Carolina and is only minutes from the capital city of Columbia. Heritage is a distinctively Christian school offering an accelerated curriculum to capable students in Kindergarten through High School. Founded in 1996, Heritage is over twenty years old.
I hope you will take the time to peruse our website and acquire a strong sense of our school’s unique mission. I encourage you to visit our campus, sit in on our classes, and talk with our remarkable faculty. You will see first-hand that Heritage is strongly rooted in the faith of our Lord Jesus Christ. You will come to understand the emphasis we place on academic success and fostering a love of learning in our students. Finally, you will observe our teachers’ aspiration to build Christian character. I am confident that we have a winning formula because of twenty years of success. Thank you for your interest in Heritage Christian Academy. We look forward to meeting with you.
Heritage Head of School
The mission of Heritage Christian Academy is to provide academically-able students a challenging educational experience designed to help them know, love, and practice that which is true, good, and excellent and to prepare them to live purposefully and intelligently as they pursue the individual calling God has given them.
The Core values Of Heritage
We believe that the Bible is the inspired and inerrant Word of God and is the final rule for all of life. Accordingly, our philosophy of education is founded upon several key Scriptural principles. While the list of principles above is not exhaustive, they are sufficient to allow us to draw the follow right and necessary inferences that are the foundation of a distinctively Christian education.
- God is the creator and sovereign ruler of all things. (Gen 1:1; Deut. 4:39; Jer. 10:10; 1 Tim. 6:15; Col 1:17)
- God created man in His image, for His own glory, and to have dominion over all the earth (Gen. 1:26-31).
- God created families through the institution of marriage. (Gen. 2:18-25; Col. 3:18-21)
- Children are a gift, heritage, and blessing from the Lord (Psalm 127:3-5; 128: 3-4)
- Parents are instructed to teach their children and children are to obey their parents (Exod. 20:12; Deut. 6:6-9; Eph. 6:1-4; Col. 10:31)
- Jesus said we are to love the Lord with all of our heart, soul, mind, and strength. We are to do all things to the glory of God (Mk. 12:29-31; 1 Cor. 10:31)
- “The fear of the Lord is the beginning of wisdom, and the knowledge of the Holy One is understanding.” (Proverbs 9:10 KW)
- Sinful men cannot know God or His truth except through a personal relationship with Jesus Christ. The ongoing work of the Holy Spirit enables us to know and understand truth. (John ~4: 15-17; Rom 8:5-9)